Corona Virus Information Parents, Guardians and Students
COVID-19: The guidance we will be following from September 2020:
- All students are expected to wear masks in corridors and social areas. Students must also wear masks if using the computers in the LRC.
- The Second Year student communal area, canteen and private study area will be in the Old Woking Community Centre to improve social distancing
- Please read the guidance below in respect to COVID- related student absence
Student Guide to Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Absence
Department for Education Guidance, which all students and staff have been made aware of, will be followed by the College, that is:
Anyone displaying symptoms should self-isolate
If a student has tested positive they should self-isolate and follow the instruction issued to them; those who must also self-isolate are:
- Anyone who has face to face contact with the infected person from two days before they developed symptoms
- Anyone with more than 1 minute of contact with the infected person within 1 metre (not face to face) from two days before they developed symptoms
- Anyone who has been within 2 metres of that person for more than 15 minutes.
There is no need to self-isolate whole classes
In order to follow this guidance students who are not aware that they fit into categories 1, 2, or 3 above will be contacted by the College and/or NHS Track and Trace.
Students or staff members, or those with a member of their household feeling unwell – especially if you/they have a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste – should stay at home and inform the College of your illness and any test result.
If you have the above symptoms free test are available here:
Covid Risk Assessment 6 August 2020
Old Woking Community Centre’s Own Risk Assessment
September Restart Risk Assessment