The Woking Way STEM
Stem Support for Oxbridge, Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary applicants
Woking College has a strong track record of successful applications by students who go on to study Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science. The College can support student ambitions with our STEM, Excellence Programme run by our highly experienced coordinator.
Benefits of our STEM Excellence Programme include-;
- Entry into prestigious national academic competitions such as the Cambridge Chemistry Challenge and National Science Olympiads, where we regularly win Gold, Silver and Bronze certificates
- Advice in securing relevant work experience in your chosen field
- An early, guided start to your UCAS application
- Targeted guidance for medical aptitude tests (BMAT/UKCAT) and Oxbridge entrance exams
- Talks from visiting speakers from top medical schools including St Georges, London, and Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS). We are a designated hub for BSMS, acting as a link between the medical school and local secondary schools, and hosting talks.
- Visit from recent students who are currently at medical school
- Mock interviews for Oxbridge entry, and for Medical, Dental and Veterinary schools, including the new multiple mini interview format.
- Encouragement to enter external essay competitions, and to complete a Gold CREST award helped by a CREST examiner.
- A programme of extracurricular classes to encourage thinking and speaking skills.