Head of Department
Five grades 4-9 (or equivalent)
Coursework = 70%, Examination = 30% (Controlled Assessment)
Childcare & Education
(Equivalent to 1 A Level)
Working with children is a fun, rewarding and exciting career with the potential to change lives. This course will help you develop the appropriate experience, skills, and knowledge you need to work with children. The course includes work placements with a wide range of ages so that you can apply your skills and deepen your practical knowledge. The course provides clear progression into higher education or employment.
What skills will I develop?
You will gain the knowledge and experience of working with children from birth to 5 years.
You will develop your ability to observe, interact and support children through a variety of methods, further enhancing this through work experience placements totalling 365 hours over the 2-year course.
You will learn more about the specific development of children, their health & wellbeing needs as well as how to provide a safe environment for children to learn in.
What topics will I study?
CACHE Level 3 Technical Certificate
- Unit 1: Child Development From Conception to Seven Years
- Unit 2: Children’s Health & Wellbeing
- Unit 3: Providing Safe Environments for Children
- Unit 4: Child Health
- Unit 5: Play and Learning
- Unit 6: Understanding Children’s Additional Needs
- Unit 7: Observation, Assessment & Planning
- CCE1: Supervised Controlled Assessment
* 365 hours mandatory work experience in a childcare setting with children from birth to 5 years. There will be a minimum requirement at the end of year 1 to progress onto year 2
Where does the course lead?
For those interested in working with young children it can provide you with the knowledge to progress into career opportunities such as nursery care, teaching and other related services, as well as degree opportunities in related courses.