Events for Students
Forethcoming Internal Events for Students & UCAS Process
Forethcoming Internal Events
On the 4th and 11th November during tutor time, there will be talks for all Year 13 students, on Student Finance by the University of Portsmouth.
Also during November representatives from various universities including Falmouth, Portsmouth and Winchester, are coming in to college for 1:1 UCAS personal statement writing appointments. Students will be sent details on how to book.
This is in addition to the UCAS support already given by tutors, the Careers Department and subject staff.
On the 6th December we will be running a talk during tutor time on Gap Years
All Year 13 students are given targeted support on cv and covering letter writing and interview skills in tutor sessions.
UCAS process for Year 13 students applying to university
- Students complete all sections of the UCAS application and ask their tutor to check through the application and personal statement with them. Students then change/amend where necessary.
- Students complete the UCAS checklist with predicted grades (spare copies available in the Careers Office), attach it to a printed copy of the whole UCAS application and give to their tutor. Tutors need this to write the reference.
- When the tutor tells the student that all parts of the application have been correctly completed and they have written the reference, students should click ‘pay and send’ (the application will go to Sarah in Careers, it will not be sent to universities at this point)
- Students should then come to the Careers office in the LRC and make an appointment with Sarah.
- For the appointment students need to bring the printed copy of the whole UCAS application & predicted grade sheet. The application will be sent to UCAS by me, at the end of the appointment.
Please note we cannot send incorrect applications or applications that have not been paid for prior to the appointment with me. We also cannot send applications if students don’t bring the signed UCAS checklist with predicted grades to the appointment.
Internal Deadline – 2/12/19, must be sent on to UCAS by 15/1/20
Please note that we break up for Christmas on the 20th December and return on 6th January. It is therefore in students’ best interests to get their applications completed and sent as soon as possible.