Year 13 students applying to university for 2020
UCAS Clearing – this is how universities fill any places they still have on their courses.
You can apply for a course using Clearing if you’re not already holding an offer from a university or college, and the course still has places.
You can use Clearing if:
- you’re applying after 30 June
- you didn’t receive any offers (or none you wanted to accept)
- you didn’t meet the conditions of your offers
- you’ve paid the multiple choice application fee of £25
- you’ve declined your firm place using the ‘decline my place’ button in Track
Go to https://www.ucas.com/clearing-launch for more information
UCAS Adjustment – This is for students who do better than expected, have met and exceeded conditions for their firm choice and might be thinking about looking for an alternative course.
Go to www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/ucas-adjustment-if-youve-done-better-expected for more information.
Adjustment is available for results day onwards
Important – If students decide to submit a new application on receiving their results they must:
- Complete their UCAS application in full
- Click pay and send
- Notify Sarah Williams email@example.com by email
- If at all possible, come into college on the morning of results day – this is so the application can be checked.
We will need to attach a reference and this can take some time so students will need to be patient with us !
Sarah will need verbal or written permission from the student ( by email) to send the application on to UCAS
Please note – if you do not come into college it will not be possible to perform the usual checks for mistakes and it will be sent straight on to UCAS once a student gives their permission for this and the reference has been attached.